I just activated a new Mailman mailing list system on a Redhat virtual
server. All was going well except the digests were not being
delivered. The logged error was to the effect of decoding Unicode not
being supported. In searching out this error, I found a reference that
suggested upgrading from Python 2.5 to 2.5.2 or higher would resolve the
error.

I completed the configure, the make and the make install. However, the
last instruction in README is to perform
pkgmanager -a /usr/python

As you may have guessed, Redhat does not have pkgmanager. What can I do
to work-around this problem and get this list running?

Thanks in advance,

--
73 de Jim, KD1YV

Search Discussions