Howdy all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.5.1 of ?python-daemon?.

What is python-daemon
=====================

The ?python-daemon? library is the reference implementation of PEP 3143
<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3143/>, ?Standard daemon process
library?.

The source distribution is available via the PyPI page for this version,
<URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/1.5.1/>. The latest
version is always available via the library's PyPI page
<URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/>.

What's new in this version
==========================

Since version 1.4.8 the following significant improvements have been
made:

* Raise specific errors on failures from the library, distinguishing
different conditions better.

* Write the PID file using correct OS locking and permissions.

* Implement ?PIDLockFile? as subclass of ?lockfile.LinkFileLock?.

The ?PIDLockFile? and ?TimeoutPIDLockFile? implementation is in the
process of migrating to the more specific ?lockfile? library, with the
assistance of Skip Montanaro; at some future point it will no longer be
part of ?python-daemon?.

--
\ ?A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me |
`\ at kick boxing.? ?Emo Philips |

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 26, '09 at 8:52a