I'm happy to announce new, 4th editions of the O'Reilly books
Learning Python and Python Pocket Reference.

These new editions have been thoroughly updated and expanded
to cover both Python 3.1 and 2.6, and fully present features
that appear in each Python line. Whether you're using Python
2.X, using Python 3.X, or stuck somewhere in between, you'll
find these editions tailored to your current and future needs.

In addition to language changes, the new Learning Python has
been augmented with a new OOP tutorial chapter, as well as
new advanced topic chapters that explore Unicode processing,
managed attributes, decorators, and metaclasses.

For a more detailed description of the changes in the new
Learning Python, please see the early draft Preface excerpt:

http://www.rmi.net/~lutz/lp4e-preface-preview.html

For more details on both books, see O'Reilly's web pages:

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596158064/
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596158088/

I also maintain pages about these books at:

http://www.rmi.net/~lutz

The new Learning Python is available today, in both paper and
a variety of ebook and online forms; the Pocket Reference is
printing and will be available shortly.

Cheers,
--Mark Lutz

Search Discussions

  • Ishwor Gurung at Sep 25, 2009 at 4:19 pm
    Thanks Mark.