Howdy all,

I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.4.8 of ?python-daemon?.

What is ?python-daemon?
=======================

The ?python-daemon? library is the reference implementation of PEP 3143
<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3143/>, ?Standard daemon process
library?.

The source distribution is available via the PyPI page for this version,
<URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/1.4.8/>. The latest
version is always available via the library's PyPI page
<URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/>.

What's new in this version
==========================

This is a bug-fix version, addressing the problems with a daemon
starting child processes. The library no longer defaults to fiddling
with the ?SIGCLD? signal, and instead leaves that to the customisation
by the library user as appropriate.

An update to PEP 3143 to document this change in the API is in progress.

Thanks to those who raised this issue and helped troubleshoot it (see
<URL:http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general/629633>) and to
Joel Martin for finally pinning down where the problem was.

--
\ ?An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be |
`\ made in a very narrow field.? ?Niels Bohr |

Search Discussions

  • Ben Finney at Sep 17, 2009 at 2:30 pm

    Ben Finney <ben+python at benfinney.id.au> writes:

    The ?python-daemon? library is the reference implementation of PEP
    3143 <URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3143/>, ?Standard daemon
    process library?.

    The source distribution is available via the PyPI page for this
    version, <URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/1.4.8/>. The
    latest version is always available via the library's PyPI page
    <URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-daemon/>.
    Thank you to those who have asked for more information about this
    library and how to contribute.

    The source code is available using the Bazaar distributed VCS
    <URL:http://bazaar-vcs.org/> from the public repository at
    <URL:http://bzr.debian.org/bzr/python-daemon/python-daemon.devel/>, or
    browseable via a web interface
    <URL:http://bzr.debian.org/loggerhead/python-daemon/python-daemon.devel/>.
    Patches made via Bazaar against the public repository are most useful,
    but regular ?patch(1)? compatible patches are fine too.

    There isn't a better ?project home page? than the PyPI page. Currently
    bug reports are best sent to me directly via email, or here on this
    forum.

    I suppose I really should put together a ?HACKING? document for all this
    information for potential hackers on the library :-)

    --
    \ ?If [a technology company] has confidence in their future |
    `\ ability to innovate, the importance they place on protecting |

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 17, '09 at 8:02a
activeSep 17, '09 at 2:30p