I'm using the multiprocessing.manager to run procedures remotely. It
all worked fine except I hope to have a different return value type.

The remote function calls always return a proxy, which when I need to
get the value it need to connect to the manager again to fetch it. But
I just need the value, not the proxy.

Can I just return the value instead of a proxy from a manager?

br, Terry

Search Discussions

  • Jacopo at Aug 31, 2009 at 9:58 am
    Hi Terry,
    I have just started working on similar things and I am strugling to
    find examples or documentations. So far I have found only the official
    documentation of the multiprocessing package. Would you be able to
    recommend me some good reference or a book. I dont want to overwhelm
    this newsgroup with questions... yet :)
    Regards, Jacopo
    I'm using the multiprocessing.manager to run proceduresremotely. It
    all worked fine except I hope to have a different return value type.

    The remote function calls always return a proxy, which when I need to
    get the value it need to connect to the manager again to fetch it. But
    I just need the value, not the proxy.

    Can I just return the value instead of a proxy from a manager?

    br, Terry
  • Terry at Sep 1, 2009 at 2:37 am

    I have just started working on similar things and I am strugling to
    find examples or documentations. So far I have found only the official
    documentation of the multiprocessing package. Would you be able to
    recommend me some good reference or a book. I dont want to overwhelm
    this newsgroup with questions... yet :)
    Regards, Jacopo

    I'm using the multiprocessing.manager to run proceduresremotely. It
    all worked fine except I hope to have a different return value type.
    The remote function calls always return a proxy, which when I need to
    get the value it need to connect to the manager again to fetch it. But
    I just need the value, not the proxy.
    Can I just return the value instead of a proxy from a manager?
    br, Terry
    Hi Jacopo,
    Well, I also have had a hard time to find any examples or document
    except the official document. I had to read the multiprocessing source
    code (they are all in python except the network connection parts). And
    I found I need to hack it a little to get it work.
    You can share your questions, and maybe it's common to most of us.

    br, Terry

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 26, '09 at 1:22a