Hi all,

Did anyone manage to get windows extensions installet on windows 7 64 bit? As
far as I try I get only "Setup program invalid or damaged".

Al.

Search Discussions

  • Elias Fotinis (eliasf) at Aug 8, 2009 at 9:44 am

    "Dennis Lee Bieber" wrote:
    Ever consider that the name has WIN32 in, and not WIN64, for a
    reason?
    Win32 is a misnomer; it just means "non-Win16". The same API exists in
    Windows x64 (with pointers expanded to 64-bit, of course).
  • Elias Fotinis (eliasf) at Aug 8, 2009 at 10:05 pm

    "Dennis Lee Bieber" wrote:
    Has it been built under a 64-bit OS though? (I'll confess I've not
    looked -- I always install the ActiveState binary for my WinXP (32bit)
    system, and that library is part of the install)
    Yes, both Python x64 and pywin32 x64 are native 64-bit applications -- they
    can't even be installed on a 32-bit system.
  • Elias Fotinis (eliasf) at Aug 8, 2009 at 9:46 am

    "Algirdas Brazas" wrote:
    Did anyone manage to get windows extensions installet on windows 7 64 bit?
    As far as I try I get only "Setup program invalid or damaged".
    Try downloading the installer again. It should work then.

    I haven't tested it on Win7, but my Vista machine has Python and pywin32
    x64.
  • Tim Roberts at Aug 10, 2009 at 5:34 am

    "Algirdas Brazas" wrote:
    Did anyone manage to get windows extensions installet on windows 7 64 bit? As
    far as I try I get only "Setup program invalid or damaged".
    I've been running 32-bit Python 2.5 and the 32-bit versions of PyWin32 and
    wxPython on Windows 7 64-bit for many months. No problems.

    I have not tried the 64-bit Python and PyWin32 builds yet.
    Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
    Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython