Hello,

I've a client/server application which uses Pyro to communicate each
other.
Now i try to implement copy/paste through LAN between server
controlled
filesystem to my local windows machine (I could list files in client's
window).
How can i pass the url information through Pyro ?

Thank you in advance.

Jun

Search Discussions

  • Piet van Oostrum at Jul 23, 2009 at 12:06 pm

    Jun (J) wrote:
    J> Hello,
    J> I've a client/server application which uses Pyro to communicate each
    J> other.
    J> Now i try to implement copy/paste through LAN between server
    J> controlled
    J> filesystem to my local windows machine (I could list files in client's
    J> window).
    J> How can i pass the url information through Pyro ?
    What do you mean? Do you want to copy a file or copy file names? Copying
    a file between two machines can best be done by a specialized protocol,
    like HTTP or scp. Pasting a file doesn't make sense IMHO.

    And URLs are just strings.
    --
    Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
    Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org