hello,

I'm using Scintilla as a wxPython widget with great pleasure.
I now have an application where I want to make notes during a conversation,
but also want to record the speech during that conversation.
I'm using Scintilla as a wxPython widget for editing and PyAudio for the
speech recording,
until so far everything works fine.

Here the problem part:
I need to synchronize the typed text with the sound during playback.
So if I click somewhere in the sound recording,
the line of text, typed that moment should be highlighted.
And vise versa, if the cursor in the text is moved and some special key
is pressed,
the sound starting 10 or 20seconds earlier should be playbacked.

I though of adding bookmarks (because these are fixed in the text), and
keep a list of bookmarks and sound pointers.
This idea should work, but there are only 31 bookmarks.

Any other suggestions ?

thanks,
Stef Mientki

Search Discussions

  • Marcus Wanner at Jul 19, 2009 at 11:32 pm

[...]

    That sounds like a very specialized type of thing, which only the few
    people with experience with wxPython, PyAudio, and Scintilla could help
    you with...

    But you might try having a dictionary with notes and associated times,
    or just give each note a four-digit ID number at the beginning of it
    when it's entered and use that in the dictionary (to keep keys shorter).
    Or you could just do a little hack and increase the number of bookmarks
    allowed (seeing as source is available) :p

    Marcus