I'm trying to compile http://sourceforge.net/projects/astlib/ 0.17.1 on
a Solaris 10 SPARC system. This python module uses distutils.ccompiler.
The problem seems to be that although I have gcc installed in
/usr/sfw/bin/gcc it keeps trying to execute the command 'cc', which
doesn't work:

cc -c actread.c -o actread.o
unable to execute cc: No such file or directory
error: command 'cc' failed with exit status 1

I've tried modifying the setup.py file to specify "cc.compiler =
'/usr/sfw/bin/gcc'" and setting the $CC envrionment var.
But I get the same error everytime. Can someone suggest how to change
where distutils is looking for the compiler?

Thanks

Tim Edwards

grouppython-list @
categoriespython