I'm looking for a tool that could be used in a pre-commit step to check that
only features available in a "old" python version are used, say python 2.3
for example.

Does any one know of one ?

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Paul Calderone at Jul 12, 2009 at 1:39 pm

    I'm looking for a tool that could be used in a pre-commit step to check that
    only features available in a "old" python version are used, say python 2.3
    for example.

    Does any one know of one ?
    Run your test suite with whichever versions of Python you want to support.

    Tools like Hudson (<https://hudson.dev.java.net/>) and BuildBot
    (<http://buildbot.net/>) can help with this.

    Jean-Paul
  • Lawrence D'Oliveiro at Jul 13, 2009 at 11:29 am
    In message <4a59951a$0$10853$426a74cc at news.free.fr>, Baptiste Lepilleur
    wrote:
    I'm looking for a tool that could be used in a pre-commit step to check
    that only features available in a "old" python version are used, say
    python 2.3 for example.
    The only sure way would be to run the script under an appropriately old
    version of Python.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 12, '09 at 7:47a