i just install the python 3.1 dmg onto my mac. when i run python3, it
fail with :

Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard
streams
LookupError: unknown encoding:
Abort trap

couldnt understand the problem. anyone can help?

Search Discussions

  • Mark Dickinson at Jun 30, 2009 at 4:08 pm

    i just install the python 3.1 dmg onto my mac. when i run python3, it
    fail with :

    Fatal Python error: Py_Initialize: can't initialize sys standard
    streams
    LookupError: unknown encoding:
    Abort trap

    couldnt understand the problem. anyone can help?
    Hmm. It's working fine for me (OS X 10.5.7/Macbook Pro). What
    version
    of OS X are you using? How are you running python3---by typing
    'python3' at
    a Terminal prompt, I assume? What's the output of the 'locale'
    command on
    your system?

    Mark
  • Mark Dickinson at Jul 9, 2009 at 8:29 am