is tkinter able to start a windows without the frame of the according
window manager? (only needed for Linux, KDE desktop)
The window should only be closed by click on a button within the window!
I should not be moved, it should not be close, ... and so on. The
solution would be: start without the frame of the window manager!

thx
Ekkard

Search Discussions

  • Martin P. Hellwig at Mar 14, 2009 at 11:01 pm

    Ekkard Gerlach wrote:
    Hi,
    is tkinter able to start a windows without the frame of the according
    window manager? (only needed for Linux, KDE desktop)
    The window should only be closed by click on a button within the window!
    I should not be moved, it should not be close, ... and so on. The
    solution would be: start without the frame of the window manager!

    thx
    Ekkard
    Try a google search on:
    tkinter overrideredirect

    --
    mph
  • Ekkard Gerlach at Mar 14, 2009 at 11:17 pm

    Martin P. Hellwig schrieb:

    Try a google search on:
    tkinter overrideredirect
    thx! That's it!