Occaisionally, if I mistype in python shell or try to copy & paste a
line there, I get a permanent hang with the error below. It isn't
corrected by quitting IDLE, but is put right with a restart. I am
running 3.0.1 on Mac 10.5.6. Is this a bug, as it never happened on
the same system with 2.5 &2.6.1 ?
Is there another way to prevent this?
Regards
John Forse

    Occaisionally, if I mistype in python shell or try to copy & paste a
    line there, I get a permanent hang with the error below. It isn't
    corrected by quitting IDLE, but is put right with a restart. I am
    running 3.0.1 on Mac 10.5.6. Is this a bug, as it never happened on
    the same system with 2.5 &2.6.1 ?
    Is there another way to prevent this?
    Regards
    John Forse

    IDLE cant bind TCP/IP port 8833 which is necessary to communicate
    with it's python execution server. Either no networking is installed
    on this computer or another process(another IDLE?) is using the
    port. Run IDLE with the -n command line switch to start without a
    sub-process and refer to help/IDLE Help 'Running without a sub-
    process' for further details
    PS I AM connected to the network at the time and Help/Idle help is
    greyed-out on my IDLE. I've tried entering -n to IDLE on the initial
    blank window, but it seems to make no difference to the problem. I
    don't understand what is happening.