Is there a way to adjust the default font size in IDLE, in MacPython
2.5? The default now is too tiny.
I have to use this version of MacPython. As far as I searched, I can't
find how I do this.
Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Vincent Davis at Feb 8, 2009 at 2:45 am
    There is a option menu in idle but you may not be able to see it.
    Try launching idle via terminal. For me it was located
    /Library/Frameworks/Python/Versions/Current/bin/idle2.5
    When I did this I had the option menu, I guess this is a known bug. I assume
    there is a font option once you get the menu.

    Vincent Davis

    Is there a way to adjust the default font size in IDLE, in MacPython
    2.5? The default now is too tiny.
    I have to use this version of MacPython. As far as I searched, I can't
    find how I do this.
    Thanks.
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Brian Blais at Feb 8, 2009 at 10:42 am
    Hello,
    Is there a way to adjust the default font size in IDLE, in MacPython
    2.5? The default now is too tiny.
    I have to use this version of MacPython. As far as I searched, I can't
    find how I do this.
    It is indeed a bug that the options menu doesn't show. What I did was
    to manually edit the file:

    /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/lib/python2.5/
    idlelib/config-main.def

    to include the lines:

    font= monaco
    font-size= 13