Hi Friends
Is there any utility in python which will help me to read any pdf
files?

Regards
Harish

Search Discussions

  • Banibrata Dutta at Dec 20, 2008 at 8:51 am
    AFAI can tell... (from a quick google search), there is only a commercial
    product that can "read" PDF... i.e. PageCatcher from
    ReportLabs.http://www.reportlab.org/devfaq.html
    (look at item 2.1.5) <http://www.reportlab.org/devfaq.html>

    BTW, an apparently, non platform-neutral way may be described here:
    http://www.daniweb.com/code/snippet618.html

    Alternatively, you could always use tools like "pdf2txt" to convert PDF into
    text, and then read it in, however, as you could guess, you completely miss
    out on the graphics (i.e. images), and the formatting aspects.
    Is there any utility in python which will help me to read any pdf
    files?

    Regards
    Harish

    regards,