Has anyone tried installing Python on Compute Node Linux (on a cray)? I was
having trouble getting it running. I see that CNL does not support dynamic
libraries but I am not sure what the best way then is to get Python
running.

Any tips?

--
Rahul

Search Discussions

  • Skip at Dec 16, 2008 at 12:42 am
    Rahul> Has anyone tried installing Python on Compute Node Linux (on a
    Rahul> cray)? I was having trouble getting it running. I see that CNL
    Rahul> does not support dynamic libraries but I am not sure what the
    Rahul> best way then is to get Python running.

    In the Modules directory note there is a file named Setup (or Setup.dist,
    which you can copy to Setup to start. Scan that file looking for modules
    you want to support in your installation, uncomment the relevant line(s) and
    adjust as necessary. Then do the normal configure/make dance. Those
    modules which you've enabled will be statically linked into the Python
    interpreter executable and not built as shared objects.

    At least that's how I recall it from the days before Python supported shared
    libraries. It's been awhile.

    --
    Skip Montanaro - skip at pobox.com - http://smontanaro.dyndns.org/

grouppython-list @