Hi, I am writing an app which models growth of a system over time
visually which is activated by button clicks, and when the loop
finishes running i dont want any events [mainly clicking on buttons]
that happened during the loop to be put into action since then it may
run multiple times without the user realising what they have done,

is there way to flush the event queue when the loop has finished??

ff

Search Discussions

  • Chris Mellon at Dec 10, 2008 at 4:22 pm

    Hi, I am writing an app which models growth of a system over time
    visually which is activated by button clicks, and when the loop
    finishes running i dont want any events [mainly clicking on buttons]
    that happened during the loop to be put into action since then it may
    run multiple times without the user realising what they have done,

    is there way to flush the event queue when the loop has finished??

    This is a UI problem, not a programming problem. Instead of trying to
    find a code solution to the problem, consider changing your UI so that
    the actions aren't possible. For example, disable the buttons (perhaps
    showing by showing a progress dialog box with a cancel button) while
    the sim is running.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedDec 10, '08 at 12:30p