Please CC me in replying as I am off list.

I have an extension module that I've built using distutils. I wonder if
it's possible to use distutils to cross-compile it for windows on my
linux box, and whether the pain involved is great. Can anyone point me
in the right direction?

Thanks,

--Mike

Search Discussions

  • Robert Kern at Dec 4, 2008 at 10:46 pm

    Michael George wrote:
    Hi,

    Please CC me in replying as I am off list.

    I have an extension module that I've built using distutils. I wonder if
    it's possible to use distutils to cross-compile it for windows on my
    linux box, and whether the pain involved is great. Can anyone point me
    in the right direction?
    It *might* be possible with a number of ugly hacks, but the pain involved would,
    indeed, be great. distutils does not support cross-compiling at all.

    --
    Robert Kern

    an underlying truth."
    -- Umberto Eco
  • David Cournapeau at Dec 4, 2008 at 11:58 pm