I am very new to python. I am installing it as part of a bazzar
version control installation.
I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules. I am
running Solaris10x86.
When testing the modules I get the following results.

python -c "import Crypto"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named Crypto

Here is the path setups and the modules have been verified to be in
those directories.
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, May 16 2007, 19:39:00)
[GCC 3.4.6] on sunos5
import sys
sys.path
['', '/usr/local/lib/python25.zip', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5', '/usr/
local/lib/python2.5/plat-sunos5', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-tk', '/
usr/local/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload', '/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-
packages']

Any assistance would be appreciated

Search Discussions

  • John Machin at Nov 5, 2008 at 12:11 am

    I am very new to python. ?I am installing it as part of a bazzar
    version control installation.
    I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules. ?I am
    running Solaris10x86.
    When testing the modules I get the following results.

    ?python -c "import Crypto"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    ? File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: No module named Crypto
    What is "the Crypto module"? What is the path to the directory in
    which you installed it? Do you mean one of crypto [case matters],
    pycrypto, pyCrypto, M2Crypto, ...?
  • BL at Nov 5, 2008 at 4:21 pm

    I am very new to python. ?I am installing it as part of a bazzar
    version control installation.
    I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules. ?I am
    running Solaris10x86.
    When testing the modules I get the following results.
    ?python -c "import Crypto"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    ? File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: No module named Crypto
    What is "the Crypto module"? What is the path to the directory in
    which you installed it? Do you mean one of crypto [case matters],
    pycrypto, pyCrypto, M2Crypto, ...?
    pyCrypto is the module I installed. The directory it is installed in
    is
    /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages - there is one directory
    called
    Crytpo and two other files called pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5.egg-info and
    pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5-solaris-2.10-i86pc.egg.

    The directions to check the installation of the python modules said
    execute python -c "import Crypto"
  • John Machin at Nov 5, 2008 at 8:53 pm

    I am very new to python. ?I am installing it as part of a bazzar
    version control installation.
    I have installed the Crypto, paramiko and cElementTree modules. ?I am
    running Solaris10x86.
    When testing the modules I get the following results.
    ?python -c "import Crypto"
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    ? File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
    ImportError: No module named Crypto
    What is "the Crypto module"? What is the path to the directory in
    which you installed it? Do you mean one of crypto [case matters],
    pycrypto, pyCrypto, M2Crypto, ...?
    pyCrypto is the module I installed.
    or pycrypto??? What URL did you download it from?
    ?The directory it is installed in
    is
    /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages ?- there is one directory
    called
    Crytpo and two other files called ?pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5.egg-info and
    pycrytpo-2.0.1-py2.5-solaris-2.10-i86pc.egg.
    There are *THREE* apparent typos there ("...rytpo" instead of
    "...rypto"). Do please check what you type. Did you by any chance
    type
    python -c "import Crytpo"
    originally? Were your "following results" obtained by copy/paste or by
    typing it all in yourself?

    What is in the .../site-packages/Crypto directory?
    The directions to check the installation of the python modules said
    execute python -c "import Crypto"
  • M.-A. Lemburg at Nov 6, 2008 at 11:45 am
    The easiest way to debug such import problems is by telling
    Python to be verbose:

    python -vv -c "import some_module"

    The generated output will then list all the locations where
    Python looks for the module and is often handy to track
    down reasons for Python not being able to load a module.

    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Nov 06 2008)
    Python/Zope Consulting and Support ... http://www.egenix.com/
    mxODBC.Zope.Database.Adapter ... http://zope.egenix.com/
    mxODBC, mxDateTime, mxTextTools ... http://python.egenix.com/

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedNov 4, '08 at 10:18p
activeNov 6, '08 at 11:45a
websitepython.org

3 users in discussion

John Machin: 2 posts BL: 2 posts M.-A. Lemburg: 1 post