I've spent all day looking for a graphical object browser for Python
2.5 under Debian GNU/Linux, ie. something I can just drop into my code
with an import and a "browse(my_object)" statement. So far I've only
found intractable GUI toolkits or obsolete, non-functional scripts.

I was wondering if there is a simple tool like this out there
somewhere. Preferably one that doesn't involve me installing a massive
IDE, but I can't really be picky.

Cheers,
Jason

Search Discussions

  • Jason at Oct 30, 2008 at 1:10 am
    Hooray! I discovered PyCrust. I made this script (for Linux - under
    Win, you could just have all but the first line as a python file and
    run it directly):

    #!/usr/bin/python
    import wx
    import wx.py.PyCrust

    if __name__ == '__main__' :
    app = wx.App()
    pc = wx.py.PyCrust.App(app)
    pc.MainLoop()

    Run it from the working dir and tinker from there.
  • Propad at Oct 30, 2008 at 1:33 pm

    Hooray! I discovered PyCrust. I made this script (for Linux - under
    Win, you could just have all but the first line as a python file and
    run it directly):

    #!/usr/bin/python
    import wx
    import wx.py.PyCrust

    if __name__ == '__main__' :
    ? ? app = wx.App()
    ? ? pc = wx.py.PyCrust.App(app)
    ? ? pc.MainLoop()

    Run it from the working dir and tinker from there.
    Hello,
    is it still possible to run PyCrust with Python 2.2? I see no
    installer for it anywhere...
    Cheers,
    Propad
  • Mike Driscoll at Oct 30, 2008 at 1:50 pm