Hi

I'm using python Serial from:
http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pyserial/pyserial-2.4.tar.gz

to implement ymodem and other protocols on the PC com port

And it works like a charm in cygwin, but when I try to use it directly
in python under windows using active state python installation, it
says it's missing the module win32file.
But the win32file module looks like it is no longer in development and
support stopped at python 2.2

Am I going about this issue the wrong way?
Can anyone suggest a way out of this fix?

Thank You
Holger

Search Discussions

  • Diez B. Roggisch at Oct 6, 2008 at 9:45 am

    Holger wrote:

    Hi

    I'm using python Serial from:
    http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/pyserial/pyserial-2.4.tar.gz

    to implement ymodem and other protocols on the PC com port

    And it works like a charm in cygwin, but when I try to use it directly
    in python under windows using active state python installation, it
    says it's missing the module win32file.
    But the win32file module looks like it is no longer in development and
    support stopped at python 2.2

    Am I going about this issue the wrong way?
    Can anyone suggest a way out of this fix?
    http://pyserial.wiki.sourceforge.net/pySerial

    """
    Requirements

    Python 2.2 or newer

    pywin32 extensions on Windows

    "Java Communications" (JavaComm) or compatible extension for Java/Jython
    """

    Do you have pywin32? If not, you might consider installing active state
    python, which comes included with them.

    Diez
  • Holger at Oct 6, 2008 at 1:28 pm
    Turns out there's a windows package that works bautifully with
    activestate python:
    pyserial-2.4.win32.exe

    Thank you.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedOct 6, '08 at 8:09a
activeOct 6, '08 at 1:28p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Holger: 2 posts Diez B. Roggisch: 1 post