I am making a program with wxPython that renders objects in 3D using
PyOpenGL, and I am having some problems. For one thing, I forgot how to
make a double-buffered hardware surface. For another thing,
glColor(1.0, 0.0, 0.0) just before the rendering doesn't make the object
red. Please help, I'm a total noob to OpenGL.

Search Discussions

  • Mike C. Fletcher at Sep 21, 2008 at 6:19 pm

    Clay Hobbs wrote:
    I am making a program with wxPython that renders objects in 3D using
    PyOpenGL, and I am having some problems. For one thing, I forgot how to
    make a double-buffered hardware surface.
    http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mcfletch/openglcontext/trunk/annotate/1?file_id=wxcontext.py-20080920224554-ehwlv3u6uc6sb6e2-55

    See method wxFlagsFromDefinition, particularly glcanvas.WX_GL_DOUBLEBUFFER
    For another thing,
    glColor(1.0, 0.0, 0.0) just before the rendering doesn't make the object
    red. Please help, I'm a total noob to OpenGL.
    Would have to see what you're doing to know what's wrong there. glColor
    should be working.

    HTH,
    Mike

    Mike C. Fletcher
    Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    http://www.vrplumber.com
    http://blog.vrplumber.com

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 21, '08 at 5:14p
activeSep 21, '08 at 6:19p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Clay Hobbs: 1 post Mike C. Fletcher: 1 post