I am facing a very basic problem with PSP. I have installed mod_python
(in fedora Core 1), added the lines required for loading Python
modules and handling PSP pages. I have created a hello.psp page. But
when I try to view this hello.psp page, all Python code are getting
displayed.

The said page is stored at /var/www/html/psp/hello.psp. I guess this
is some configuration problem with Apache, but not able to figure out
the exact problem. I have tried putting those configuration lines for
psp in both httpd.conf and python.conf files. But still it is not
working.

The Python module (mod_python) is getting loaded. Because when I
telnet to my server, I can find that in the headers.

These are the versions of the softwares:
Apache: 2.0.47
Python: 2.2.3
mod_python: 3.0.3

Thnaks for all your suggestions.

Search Discussions

  • Graham Dumpleton at Jul 22, 2008 at 12:18 am

[...]

    What is the Apache configuration snippet you are using to enable
    mod_python and PSP file handling?

    Graham
  • Barun Saha04 at Jul 22, 2008 at 3:54 am

[...]

    Graham- Hide quoted text -

    Hi Graham,

    The configuration used in httpd.conf file looks like:
    <Directory /var/www/html/psp>
    AddHandler .psp .psp_
    PythonHandler modules/python
    PythonDebug On
    </Directory>
  • Graham Dumpleton at Jul 23, 2008 at 1:18 pm

[...]

    Go read the documentation properly.

    http://www.modpython.org/live/current/doc-html/hand-psp.html

    What is PythonHandler set to?

    Graham
  • Barun Saha04 at Jul 23, 2008 at 1:32 pm

[...]

    I'm extremely sorry. I had typed wrongly the configuration. Following
    is the one I'm using:

    <Directory /var/www/html/psp>
    AddHandler mod_python .psp .psp_
    PythonHandler mod_python.psp
    PythonDebug On
    </Directory>

    Strange thing is, same thing is working in windows, but not in Linux.
  • Sebastian "lunar" Wiesner at Jul 22, 2008 at 12:36 pm

    barun.saha04 at gmail.com <barun.saha04 at gmail.com>:

    Hi,

    I am facing a very basic problem with PSP. I have installed mod_python
    (in fedora Core 1), added the lines required for loading Python
    modules and handling PSP pages. I have created a hello.psp page. But
    when I try to view this hello.psp page, all Python code are getting
    displayed.
    Not directly related to this issue, but I wouldn't start developing with
    PSP. Modern web development is better done with a WSGI compatible
    framework like Django ...

    (Rosa Luxemburg)
  • Barun Saha04 at Jul 23, 2008 at 1:01 pm

    I am facing a very basic problem with PSP. I have installed mod_python
    (in fedora Core 1), added the lines required for loading Python
    modules and handling PSP pages. I have created a hello.psp page. But
    when I try to view this hello.psp page, all Python code are getting
    displayed.
    Not directly related to this issue, but I wouldn't start developing with
    PSP. Modern web development is better done with a WSGI compatible
    framework like Django ...

    (Rosa Luxemburg)
    Thanks to all. But can someone suggest me what the possible cause/
    solution for this behaviour could be?

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 21, '08 at 11:42a