Hi, all

I want to write a script which will rename PDFs according to their
titles. I want to know if there is any library that can extract
titles(the first line of the PDF) from PDFs.

Many thanks for your reply ;-)

Search Discussions

  • Fredrik Lundh at Jul 16, 2008 at 7:36 am

    ZelluX wrote:

    I want to write a script which will rename PDFs according to their
    titles. I want to know if there is any library that can extract
    titles(the first line of the PDF) from PDFs.
    Mathieu Fenniak's PyPdf should be able to do this:

    http://pybrary.net/pyPdf/

    (but note that "the first line of the PDF" may not be the first thing
    that's rendered on the page, so don't expect such an approach to work
    for all files)

    </F>

grouppython-list @
categoriespython