Hello

According to Google, there seems to be several tools available,
possibly deprecated, to download data from web pages by POSTing forms
and save cookies to maintain state.

I need to write a script under Windows with ActivePython 2.5.1.1 that
would do this:
1. Connect through a local proxy, so I can see the whole dialog
between the Python script and the web server
2. POST form variables
3. Save cookies sent by the server (session cookie to keep state)
4. Save received data into an SQLite file

Which tools would you recommend for this type of script?

Thank you.

Search Discussions

  • Laszlo Nagy at May 15, 2008 at 8:07 am

    Gilles Ganault wrote:
    Hello

    According to Google, there seems to be several tools available,
    possibly deprecated, to download data from web pages by POSTing forms
    and save cookies to maintain state.

    I need to write a script under Windows with ActivePython 2.5.1.1 that
    would do this:
    1. Connect through a local proxy, so I can see the whole dialog
    between the Python script and the web server
    2. POST form variables
    3. Save cookies sent by the server (session cookie to keep state)
    4. Save received data into an SQLite file

    Which tools would you recommend for this type of script?
    Within a day this is the second request for a browser emulator. Looks
    like many pepole want this.

    I just posted a recipe that you can try:

    http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/572202

    Best,

    Laszlo