I'm writing a simple web server in python using the BaseHTTPServer
library. I can serve text content (ie html pages) with ease, but im
running into troubles when i try to serve images. The image gets
corrupted in transit and when I manually download the image from the
website and look at it using a hex editor it appears that the first 60
(or first 3C in hex if it makes a helps) characters are missing.

My code looks like this:

def do_GET(s):

# code that determines that yes this is an image

s.send_response(200)
s.send_header("Content-type", "image/jpeg")
s.end_headers

fileObj = open("1.jpg","rb") # file is harcoded until
i get images being served correctly
image = fileObj.read()
s.wfile.write(image)

Search Discussions

  • Diez B. Roggisch at Apr 16, 2008 at 1:15 pm

    MarkCSU at gmail.com wrote:

    I'm writing a simple web server in python using the BaseHTTPServer
    library. I can serve text content (ie html pages) with ease, but im
    running into troubles when i try to serve images. The image gets
    corrupted in transit and when I manually download the image from the
    website and look at it using a hex editor it appears that the first 60
    (or first 3C in hex if it makes a helps) characters are missing.

    My code looks like this:

    def do_GET(s):

    # code that determines that yes this is an image

    s.send_response(200)
    s.send_header("Content-type", "image/jpeg")
    s.end_headers

    fileObj = open("1.jpg","rb") # file is harcoded until
    i get images being served correctly
    image = fileObj.read()
    s.wfile.write(image)
    Don't you miss a Content-Length header?

    Diez
  • Richard Brodie at Apr 16, 2008 at 2:41 pm