Hi...

I was using Python 2.4 and installed 2.5...I copied all my .py files
from the Python24\ root directory to the Python25\ root
directory...when I try to run them by double clicking I get:
"XXXXX.py is not a valid Win32 application"...

Also, the files do not appear to be associated with python...?

I can run them from IDLE...but that is it...

How do I fix this...?

Thanks..

Dave

Search Discussions

  • Vince at Mar 9, 2008 at 10:03 am

    I was using Python 2.4 and installed 2.5...I copied all my .py files
    from the Python24\ root directory to the Python25\ root
    directory...when I try to run them by double clicking I get:
    "XXXXX.py is not a valid Win32 application"...

    Also, the files do not appear to be associated with python...?

    I can run them from IDLE...but that is it...

    How do I fix this...?

    Thanks..

    Dave
    It sounds like you just want the dbl-click Explorer association ...
    that it should establish by default ... you can use Explorer -> Tools -
    Folder Options -> File Types to indicate that you want Idle to
    launch .py files.

    Also, probably a silly question, but did you verify the download was
    the right Win OS version?

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 8, '08 at 5:48p