Python'ites

Is there an environment variable or some settings, that python can use
to know the directory name for dumping .pyc files.

Not a hard-requirement, I just don't like pyc files alongwith py files
in my work area.

Thanks

  • Gabriel Genellina at Feb 16, 2008 at 1:49 am
    En Fri, 15 Feb 2008 23:11:28 -0200, Amit Gupta <emailamit at gmail.com>
    escribi?:

    --
    Gabriel Genellina
  • Jeff Schwab at Feb 16, 2008 at 2:09 am

    Amit Gupta wrote:
    Python'ites

    Is there an environment variable or some settings, that python can use
    to know the directory name for dumping .pyc files.

    Not a hard-requirement, I just don't like pyc files alongwith py files
    in my work area.
    Does this help?

    # ls.py
    import subprocess
    import sys

    pipe = subprocess.Popen(
    ["ls"] + sys.argv[1:], stdout=subprocess.PIPE)

    paths = pipe.communicate()[0].rstrip().split('\n')

    for path in paths:
    if not path.endswith(".pyc"):
    print path