Hi!

I made a string parser program, it has a main function and a working
thread class. When it is running in 24h non-stop, the memory run out.
I dont Know why. Do anybody know somekind of debugger that can i see
what is eating the memory? Maybe there is a list or value or
dictionary that is growing continually but i dont know which one.
Maybe there is a program for that kind of debugging, what can
monitoring the memory and values size in the memory. Or it is a sience
fiction :)

p.s.: sorry for my english
Rew

Search Discussions

  • Clement at Jan 16, 2008 at 7:47 am

    I made a string parser program, it has a main function and a working
    thread class. When it is running in 24h non-stop, the memory run out.
    I dont Know why. Do anybody know somekind of debugger that can i see
    what is eating the memory? Maybe there is a list or value or
    dictionary that is growing continually but i dont know which one.
    Maybe there is a program for that kind of debugging, what can
    monitoring the memory and values size in the memory. Or it is a sience
    fiction :)

    p.s.: sorry for my english
    Rew
    Hi I got the same problem when i did my crawler..... the simple
    soloution what i did is... created one therad at the start up time of
    my program.. it will run all the time of the life of the program...
    it's duty is frequently calling gc.college() function in garbage
    collector package of python

    http://arctrix.com/nas/python/gc/

    i used it as temporary solution.... if any other way please
    share...........

    Thanking you...
    Clement
    http://www.squzer.com/