Hi all..

Was planning to use Python (maybe C later) to mock parallel processing project.. About to put together a set of computers for this.. Wondered if anyone had any knowledge or ideas about using a playstation running linux?

My first impressions are that it is interesting.. for $400, one can get access to 6 smps under linux..

For about $300-$600 one could build basic x86 node..... probably between 2 and 4 cores on the x86 node, though the quads are still a bit pricey.

Upside of PS3... lotsa cores for less... Downside.. less, a lot less RAM.. Of course, the PS3 does not allow access to the graphics, but for my purposes, I don't mind that..

So.. how is Python for memory management? ...

My plan is to try measuring the memory usage of my python code elements and take a guess as to how it might perform on a cell-system.. . naturally a good idea in any event.. But.. Just thought maybe someone out in Python world would have an idea?

Thanks!

Best
Robert

Search Discussions

  • Jonathan Gardner at Nov 1, 2007 at 8:53 pm