Hello there,

I'm exploring possibilities of using python as an alternative to Matlab.
The obvious way to go seems to be matplotlib for plotting, but I do like
GLE <URL:http://glx.sourceforge.net/> a lot. One reason is that with GLE
you can also do diagrams, that is, descriptive pictures (like
<URL:http://glx.sourceforge.net/examples/diagrams/index.html>)

Is there anything similar for python?

/W

Search Discussions

  • Cesar G. Miguel at Oct 14, 2007 at 4:12 pm

    I'm exploring possibilities of using python as an alternative to Matlab.
    The obvious way to go seems to be matplotlib for plotting, but I do like
    GLE <URL:http://glx.sourceforge.net/> a lot. One reason is that with GLE
    you can also do diagrams, that is, descriptive pictures (like
    <URL:http://glx.sourceforge.net/examples/diagrams/index.html>)

    Is there anything similar for python?

    /W
    I think this is what you're looking for:

    http://pyx.sourceforge.net/

    Cesar
  • Wildemar Wildenburger at Oct 14, 2007 at 4:34 pm

    Cesar G. Miguel wrote:
    I think this is what you're looking for:

    http://pyx.sourceforge.net/
    It damn sure is (a straight ripoff of GLE ;))!

    The syntax seems a bit messier than GLE (naturally) but since it is
    python I'm willing to bite that bullet.

    Thanks :)
    /W
  • Rasmus at Oct 15, 2007 at 2:12 am

    I think this is what you're looking for:
    http://pyx.sourceforge.net/
    It damn sure is (a straight ripoff of GLE ;))!

    The syntax seems a bit messier than GLE (naturally) but since it is
    python I'm willing to bite that bullet.

    Thanks :)
    /W
    In case you're interested in making interactive visualizations, you
    might want to look at my own python package SUMMON:
    http://people.csail.mit.edu/rasmus/summon/index.shtml

    Matt

grouppython-list @
categoriespython