I am a Flash developer (also a Python dev) and I use an editor called
SEPY Actionscript Editor. The latest release version does not support
Flash CS3, so I downloaded the source from subversion, edited it, and
recompiled to get a version that worked with CS3. Right now, in order
to run the program I have to do a command line "python main.pyw."

The question now is this:
Others in my company would like to use the version I have compiled
without installing Python, wxPython, 4suite, antlr, and a whole bunch
of other Python libs. So, how do I create an executable (on Windows)
to install the program so it will run without the aforementioned
framework being installed?

I know this isn't really an entirely "Pythonic" question, but this
group has always been very helpful in the past.

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Simon Brunning at Aug 31, 2007 at 3:00 pm

    So, how do I create an executable (on Windows)
    to install the program so it will run without the aforementioned
    framework being installed?
    Check out py2exe.

    --
    Cheers,
    Simon B.
    simon at brunningonline.net
  • Kyosohma at Aug 31, 2007 at 3:25 pm

    I am a Flash developer (also a Python dev) and I use an editor called
    SEPY Actionscript Editor. The latest release version does not support
    Flash CS3, so I downloaded the source from subversion, edited it, and
    recompiled to get a version that worked with CS3. Right now, in order
    to run the program I have to do a command line "python main.pyw."

    The question now is this:
    Others in my company would like to use the version I have compiled
    without installing Python, wxPython, 4suite, antlr, and a whole bunch
    of other Python libs. So, how do I create an executable (on Windows)
    to install the program so it will run without the aforementioned
    framework being installed?

    I know this isn't really an entirely "Pythonic" question, but this
    group has always been very helpful in the past.

    Thanks
    I find GUI2exe to be very easy to use. It's just py2exe with a GUI
    frontend. See http://xoomer.alice.it/infinity77/main/GUI2Exe.html for
    more information.

    Mike
  • Sberry at Aug 31, 2007 at 3:43 pm

[...]

    Thanks for the help... and for giving it so quickly - I can always
    count on this group.

    Problems though... I was successful at creating the dist dir with my
    executable file, but when I try to run it I get an error.log file with
    the following:

    <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
    [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
    [53]: main.pyw
    [29]: SEPY.pyo
    [16]: core\__init__.pyo
    [5]: core\documents\__init__.pyo
    [11]: core\documents\compare.pyo
    [15]: core\documents\editor.pyo
    [13]: core\io\__init__.pyo
    [6]: core\io\xml\__init__.pyo
    [11]: core\io\xml\autoformat.pyo
    [29]: Ft\Xml\Domlette.pyo
    [355]: Ft\Xml\InputSource.pyo
    [584]: Ft\Xml\Catalog.pyo
    [62]: warnings.pyo
    [126]: warnings.pyo
    [122]: Ft\__init__.pyo
    ------------------------

    Can anyone help explain what I am missing here?

    THANKS!
  • Sberry at Aug 31, 2007 at 4:59 pm

[...]

    Ok, I figured some of this out. I added the module antlr, and the
    package Ft and recompiled. Now I have the error.log down to this:

    <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
    No module named shell
    [53]: main.pyw
    [37]: SEPY.pyo
    [11]: core\io\PythonShortCut.pyo
    ------------------------

    Any ideas on how to get rid of these last couple of errors?
  • Wildemar Wildenburger at Aug 31, 2007 at 10:41 pm

    Simon Brunning wrote:
    So, how do I create an executable (on Windows)
    to install the program so it will run without the aforementioned
    framework being installed?
    Check out py2exe.
    Uhm, just an idea ... Can't we (that is, someone else) set up a
    reply-bot that spots FAQs and post the appropriate FGAs?

    /W

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 31, '07 at 2:52p