Hello list:

I have tried various times to use an IDE for python put have always been
disapointed.
I haven't revisited the idea in about a year and was wondering what the
python people
use.
I have also found http://pida.co.uk/main as a possible solution. Anyone
tried it yet?

suggestions.
Regards
Joel Andres Granados
  • Thomas Wittek at Aug 21, 2007 at 10:31 am

    Joel Andres Granados schrieb:
    I have tried various times to use an IDE for python put have always been
    disapointed.
    I haven't revisited the idea in about a year and was wondering what the
    python people
    use.
    Did you try Eclipse + PyDev? I'm quite happy with that.

    --
    Thomas Wittek
    Web: http://gedankenkonstrukt.de/
    Jabber: streawkceur at jabber.i-pobox.net
    GPG: 0xF534E231
  • Bikal KC at Aug 21, 2007 at 10:45 am

    Joel Andres Granados wrote:
    Hello list:

    I have tried various times to use an IDE for python put have always been
    disapointed.
    I haven't revisited the idea in about a year and was wondering what the
    python people
    use.
    I have also found http://pida.co.uk/main as a possible solution. Anyone
    tried it yet?
    Free -
    DrPython, Pydev extension to Eclipse, IDLE.

    Show me the money -
    Komodo, IntelliJ IDEA, Visual Python, Wing Python

    Do your homework and Google for them now. :-)

    Cheers
  • King kikapu at Aug 21, 2007 at 12:23 pm

    I have tried various times to use an IDE for python put have always been
    disapointed.

    I have also tried a lot of them (IDEs) in the last year. I was finally
    happy with Eclipse/Pydev but i was always wanted a more "true" IDE for
    Python.
    I think i found it in Eric4 http://www.die-offenbachs.de/eric/index.html
    You can download from here http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/download.php
    (binary installer for Windows that contains Eric and PyQt)
    and have a look at it!
  • Limodou at Aug 21, 2007 at 1:55 pm

    I have tried various times to use an IDE for python put have always been
    disapointed.

    I have also tried a lot of them (IDEs) in the last year. I was finally
    happy with Eclipse/Pydev but i was always wanted a more "true" IDE for
    Python.
    I think i found it in Eric4 http://www.die-offenbachs.de/eric/index.html
    You can download from here http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt/download.php
    (binary installer for Windows that contains Eric and PyQt)
    and have a look at it!
    Maybe someone can try UliPad, I just release 3.7 version a few days before.

    --
    I like python!
    UliPad <<The Python Editor>>: http://code.google.com/p/ulipad/