Hi everyone,

I have a question about Tkinter programs. What I want is a GUI window
along with an interpreter window, so that I can do things by clicking
on the GUI or typing commands in the interpreter console. For example,
I wish I can type in the console:
modify_my_key_data()
update_gui()
and my gui is modified for me.

The problem is that the Tkinter program ends with a .mainloop() call
and it is not going to give back control to the command prompt. I feel
it is almost like I need to implement the python shell myself. Is
there any better way of doing this?

Thanks,
beginner

Search Discussions

  • Ivan Johansen at Jul 27, 2007 at 11:17 pm

    beginner wrote:
    The problem is that the Tkinter program ends with a .mainloop() call
    and it is not going to give back control to the command prompt. I feel
    it is almost like I need to implement the python shell myself. Is
    there any better way of doing this?
    Take a look at this:
    http://lfw.org/python/Console.py

    I haven't really used it myself yet, but it looks really great.

    Ivan Johansen
  • Beginner at Jul 28, 2007 at 12:10 pm

    The problem is that the Tkinter program ends with a .mainloop() call
    and it is not going to give back control to the command prompt. I feel
    it is almost like I need to implement the python shell myself. Is
    there any better way of doing this?
    Take a look at this:http://lfw.org/python/Console.py

    I haven't really used it myself yet, but it looks really great.

    Ivan Johansen
    It looks interesting. Let me take a close look.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 27, '07 at 9:37p
activeJul 28, '07 at 12:10p