it time for a new gozerbot release ! we made a 0.7 release of
gozerbot.

new in gozerbot 0.7:

* we have a new developer on the team .. Wijnand 'tehmaze'
Modderman he contributed most of the new work in this release.
copyright on tehmaze's work is BSD
* new plugins: rest, lag, nickserv, snarf, tinyurl, umode, popcon,
job
* udp messaging can now be encrypted
* remote installable plugins are now signed .. this means gnupg is
required to install these plugins
* new plugin site: http://plugins.gozerbot.org
* gozerbot now has it own popularity contest webpage .. see
http://plugins.gozerbot.org/popcon
* new periodical class for easy scheduling of jobs
* new bugtracker site: http://dev.gozerbot.org

the new release can be downloaded from the following resources:

* http://gozerbot.org/
* http://code.google.com/p/gozerbot
* debian users can install the bot from sid/unstable

Search Discussions

  • Ben Finney at Jul 9, 2007 at 5:25 am

    bthate <bthate at gmail.com> writes:

    it time for a new gozerbot release ! we made a 0.7 release of
    gozerbot.
    When announcing a new release, please include a brief "What is
    gozerbot?" explanation section so that readers can know whether the
    announcement is of interest.

    --
    \ "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "Well, I think |
    `\ so, Brain, but first you'd have to take that whole bridge |

    it time for a new gozerbot release ! we made a 0.7 release of
    gozerbot.
    When announcing a new release, please include a brief "What is
    gozerbot?" explanation section so that readers can know whether the
    announcement is of interest.

    --
    \ "Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" "Well, I think |
    `\ so, Brain, but first you'd have to take that whole bridge |
    _o__) apart, wouldn't you?" -- _Pinky and The Brain_ |
    Ben Finney
    sorry forgot about it ;] will do so the next time.

    Bart
  • Bthate at Jul 9, 2007 at 6:35 am
    here is the about:

    gozerbot is a Python IRC and Jabber bot
    Requirements

    * a shell
    * python 2.4 or higher
    * if you want to remotely install plugins: the gnupg module
    * if you want mysql support: the py-MySQLdb module
    * if you want jabber support: the xmpppy module

    Why gozerbot?

    * user management by userhost .. bot will not respond if it
    doesn't know you (see /docs/USER/)
    * fleet .. use more than one bot in a program (list of bots) (see /
    docs/FLEET/)
    * use the bot through dcc chat .. partyline
    * fetch rss feeds (see /docs/RSS/)
    * keep todo and shop lists
    * karma
    * quote
    * remember items
    * relaying between bots (see /docs/RELAY/)
    * program your own plugins (see /docs/PROGRAMPLUGIN/)
    * run the builtin webserver (see /docs/WEBSERVER/)
    * query other bots webserver via irc (see /docs/COLLECTIVE/)
    * other stuff

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 8, '07 at 11:06p