After a 3-year break from working with it, I've just released version 0.1.0
(the first formally packaged release) of YahooQuote. As the name implies,
it's a stockmarket prices fetcher.

Features:
- easily fetch stock price quotes and histories
- fetch bulk histories across one or more of the major stockmarket
- fast efficient automatic caching via a MetaKit database
- pleasant object-oriented interface
- thorough epydoc-generated API doco
- simple examples

This supersedes the unpackaged YahooQuote module of 2004, and brings
YahooQuote up to date with the present Yahoo Finance web interface.

http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/yahooquote

License: LGPL

Enjoy

Cheers
David

Search Discussions

  • Maurice LING at Jun 27, 2007 at 12:21 am
    Hi David,

    I can't download from your link
    http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/yahooquote/YahooQuote-0.1.tar.gz

    Cheers
    maurice

    DavidM wrote:
    Hi,

    After a 3-year break from working with it, I've just released version 0.1.0
    (the first formally packaged release) of YahooQuote. As the name implies,
    it's a stockmarket prices fetcher.

    Features:
    - easily fetch stock price quotes and histories
    - fetch bulk histories across one or more of the major stockmarket
    - fast efficient automatic caching via a MetaKit database
    - pleasant object-oriented interface
    - thorough epydoc-generated API doco
    - simple examples

    This supersedes the unpackaged YahooQuote module of 2004, and brings
    YahooQuote up to date with the present Yahoo Finance web interface.

    http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/yahooquote

    License: LGPL

    Enjoy

    Cheers
    David
  • Kjell Magne Fauske at Jun 27, 2007 at 5:37 am