Thanks,

jh

Search Discussions

  • Stephen R Laniel at Jun 15, 2007 at 2:24 pm

    On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 07:11:56AM -0700, HMS Surprise wrote:
    Could you recommend an html parser that works with python (jython
    2.2)?
    I'm new here, but I believe BeautifulSoup is the canonical
    answer:
    http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

    --
    Stephen R. Laniel
    steve at laniels.org
    Cell: +(617) 308-5571
    http://laniels.org/
    PGP key: http://laniels.org/slaniel.key
  • HMS Surprise at Jun 15, 2007 at 3:21 pm
    Thanks,

    jh
  • Lee Hinde at Jun 15, 2007 at 7:51 pm

    On Jun 15, 7:11 am, HMS Surprise wrote:
    Could you recommend an html parser that works with python (jython
    2.2)? HTMLParser does not seem to be in this library. To test some
    of our browser based (mailnly php) code I seek for field names and
    values associated with them.

    Thanks,

    jh
    Twill:
    http://twill.idyll.org/
    Don't know about the jython part....
  • Nikita the Spider at Jun 16, 2007 at 1:21 am
    In article <mailman.9124.1181917406.32031.python-list at python.org>,
    Could you recommend an html parser that works with python (jython
    2.2)?
    I'm new here, but I believe BeautifulSoup is the canonical
    answer:
    http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/
    It is, but personally I'm a fan of Connelly Barnes' htmldata module:
    http://oregonstate.edu/~barnesc/htmldata/

    Much easier to use than BeautifulSoup IMO.

    --
    Philip
    http://NikitaTheSpider.com/

grouppython-list @