I have a Tk() window "base_win = Tk()" with multiple frames on it
having a combination of widgets. If I click on say a button widget
which launches a new top level window "new_win = TopLevel()", I was
looking for a way for this "new_win" to always stay on top of
"base_win" till I close "new_win", as a result also not allowing any
selections to be made in the "base_win" .
Thanks
Rahul

Search Discussions

  • Kyosohma at Jun 8, 2007 at 5:50 pm

    I have a Tk() window "base_win = Tk()" with multiple frames on it
    having a combination of widgets. If I click on say a button widget
    which launches a new top level window "new_win = TopLevel()", I was
    looking for a way for this "new_win" to always stay on top of
    "base_win" till I close "new_win", as a result also not allowing any
    selections to be made in the "base_win" .
    Thanks
    Rahul
    You need to research showing modal dialogs. This link looks promising:

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/tkinter-discuss/2005-March/000371.html

    This one from Lundh's site has better explanations on dialog's in
    general:

    http://effbot.org/tkinterbook/tkinter-dialog-windows.htm

    Mike

grouppython-list @