System: Solaris
Python version: 2.3.3

For a automation job, I used pexpect module together with python for
creating a ftp session automatically and downloading the file.

I notice that after closing the child. The file descriptor is not
closed (check /proc/<process id>/fd)
After running the script for a while, I start seeing too many files
open error.

I have a development machine running Linux using python 2.3.3. I
execute the same code on it.
The file descriptor is closed everytime after the pexpect child is
closed.

My question is - Is this a bug with pty module for solaris for python
2.3.3?

Appreciate your comments

Thanks,
Alex

Search Discussions

  • Alexteo21 at Jun 8, 2007 at 11:18 am
    Hi,

    System: Solaris
    Python version: 2.3.3

    For a automation job, I used pexpect module together with python for
    creating a ftp session automatically and downloading the file.

    I notice that after closing the child. The file descriptor is not
    closed (check /proc/<process id>/fd)
    After running the script for a while, I start seeing too many files
    open error.

    I have a development machine running Linux using python 2.3.3. I
    execute the same code on it.
    The file descriptor is closed everytime after the pexpect child is
    closed.

    My question is - Is this a bug with pty module for solaris for python
    2.3.3?

    Appreciate your comments

    Thanks,
    Alex