Hello All:

I hope this is a simple question, but I can't seem to figure it out. I
am using MayaVi to visualize some data. I have finally manged to get
the data to plot, but the axes are weird, and the scaling of the image
is way off. I have been fooling around with the command below.

grid = pyvtk.StructuredPoints((nex1,nex1,1), (0,s1high,0), (2, 2,
0.2))

This seems to be the key to having the data plotted nicely (scaled
properly, axes numbered correctly, etc.). However, I cannot figure out
what each of the tuples are for. Does anyone know?

This would be a huge help for me.

Thanks,

Tyler

Search Discussions

  • Tyler at Apr 23, 2007 at 11:00 pm
    Just found it!!!! Still not sure what the third entries are, but it's
    a start!

    # create a vtk data file
    sp = pyvtk.StructuredPoints ((nx, ny, 1), (xmin, ymin, 0), (dx,
    dy, 1))
    pd = pyvtk.PointData(pyvtk.Scalars(z, name='Scalars',
    lookup_table="default"))

    Tyler

grouppython-list @
categoriespython