I'm getting myself set up on a new Vista box at work, and one of my
old scripts has stopped working.

Specifically, all calls to os.system return a -1. Whatever action I
was
asking os.system to run does not take place.

Is this a Vista thing, or perhaps just a wonky setting in my
environment.

Oh, python 2.5.

Arne

Search Discussions

  • Arne Jamtgaard at Mar 9, 2007 at 4:55 pm
    I'm getting myself set up on a new Vista box at work, and one of my
    old scripts has stopped working.

    Specifically, all calls to os.system return a -1. Whatever action I
    was
    asking os.system to run does not take place.

    Is this a Vista thing, or perhaps just a wonky setting in my
    environment?
    I've installed the latest python (2.5) within the past two weeks...

    I've double-checked other functions for os.* and they seem to work
    from
    the python command line - it's just os.system.

    Arne

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 9, '07 at 4:53p