Changes since version 2.1
- Results of stat calls (also indirect calls, i. e. listdir,
isdir/isfile/islink, exists, getmtime etc.) are now cached and
reused. This results in remarkable speedups for many use cases.
Thanks to Evan Prodromou for his permission to add his lrucache
module under ftputil's license.
- The current directory is also locally cached, resulting in further
- It's now possible to write and plug in custom parsers for directory
formats which ftputil doesn't support natively.
- File-like objects generated via ``FTPHost.file`` now support the
iterator protocol (for line in some_file: ...).
- The documentation has been updated accordingly. Read it under
- This release requires at least Python 2.3. (Previous releases
worked with Python versions from 2.1 up.)
- The method ``FTPHost.set_directory_format`` has been removed,
since the directory format (Unix or MS) is set automatically. (The
new method ``set_parser`` is a different animal since it takes
a parser object to parse "foreign" formats, not a string.)
What is ftputil?
ftputil is a high-level FTP client library for the Python programming
language. ftputil implements a virtual file system for accessing FTP
servers, that is, it can generate file-like objects for remote files.
The library supports many functions similar to those in the os,
os.path and shutil modules. ftputil has convenience functions for
conditional uploads and downloads, and handles FTP clients and servers
in different timezones.
ftputil 2.2 is Open Source software, released under the revised BSD
license (see http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php ).
Dr.-Ing. Stefan Schwarzer
SSchwarzer.com - Softwareentwicklung f??r Technik und Wissenschaft