I'm doing some work with a Python program that works hand-in-hand with
the DOM on a local client (processing DOM events, issuing DOM
modification commands, etc.) I'm currently using cherrypy as the Python
server for this communication, and simple AJAX on the client browser
end. This works just fine, I'm simply wondering if there is a better
(even easier) way to do this, if there are libraries I'm not aware of
that I should be, etc.

Thanks,
Ken

Search Discussions

  • Adonis Vargas at Dec 20, 2006 at 5:32 am

    Kenneth McDonald wrote:
    I'm doing some work with a Python program that works hand-in-hand with
    the DOM on a local client (processing DOM events, issuing DOM
    modification commands, etc.) I'm currently using cherrypy as the Python
    server for this communication, and simple AJAX on the client browser
    end. This works just fine, I'm simply wondering if there is a better
    (even easier) way to do this, if there are libraries I'm not aware of
    that I should be, etc.

    Thanks,
    Ken
    You can try looking into PyJamas its a Python version of Google Web
    Toolkit, offers a way to create AJAX apps using Python code.

    Hope this helps.

    Adonis
  • John J. Lee at Dec 29, 2006 at 8:00 pm

    Adonis Vargas <adonis at REMOVETHISearthlink.net> writes:

    Kenneth McDonald wrote:
    I'm doing some work with a Python program that works hand-in-hand
    with the DOM on a local client (processing DOM events, issuing DOM
    modification commands, etc.) I'm currently using cherrypy as the
    Python server for this communication, and simple AJAX on the client
    browser end. This works just fine, I'm simply wondering if there is
    a better (even easier) way to do this, if there are libraries I'm
    not aware of that I should be, etc.
    Thanks,
    Ken
    You can try looking into PyJamas its a Python version of Google Web
    Toolkit, offers a way to create AJAX apps using Python code.
    Have a look at TurboGears too.

    Both are still pretty new. Pyjamas is very new, so I'd certainly
    think twice about using it for production work right now.

    John

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedDec 20, '06 at 4:22a