Hello,

this is my first try to get wxmpl-1.2.8 running. Therefor I installed:

python 2.5
matplotlib-0.87.6.win32-py2.5.exe
numpy-1.0rc3.win32-py2.5.exe

on WinXP SP2

The result is a version mismatch (see below).

Numpy version 1000002 seems to be numpy-1.0b5 which is not downloadable
anymore. Any hints ?

Thanks in advance.

J?rgen

traceback:

from pylab import *
RuntimeError: module compiled against version 1000002 of C-API but this
version of numpy is 1000009

The import of the numpy version of the nxutils module,
_nsnxutils, failed. This is is either because numpy was
unavailable when matplotlib was compiled, because a dependency of
_nsnxutils could not be satisfied, or because the build flag for
this module was turned off in setup.py. If it appears that
_nsnxutils was not built, make sure you have a working copy of
numpy and then re-install matplotlib. Otherwise, the following
traceback gives more details:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pylab.py", line 1, in <module>
from matplotlib.pylab import *
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pylab.py", line 199,
in <module>
import mlab #so I can override hist, psd, etc...
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\mlab.py", line 64, in
<module>
import nxutils
File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\nxutils.py", line 17,
in <module>
from matplotlib._ns_nxutils import *
ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

Search Discussions

  • Terry Reedy at Oct 23, 2006 at 10:13 pm
    numpy questions may get answered sooner and more dependably on the numpy
    mailing list.