From http Mon Sep 25 21:17:45 2006
From: http (Paul Rubin)
Date: 25 Sep 2006 12:17:45 -0700
Subject: SSL meta data

"BerndWill" <bernd at ewill.de> writes:
I would love to read programmatically some information out of the
certificates itself (who signed it and what is the validation period, i.e.
meta data).

Can someone please help me out here !?
This is very cheesy but I sometimes I've just run the openssl command
line utility with popen and read the output:

openssl x509 -text -noout -in certfile

will dump out the cert contents and you can parse it with regexps.

The right way to do it is to make the appropriate m2crypto (or
whatever) calls that parse the cert directly.

Search Discussions

  • Ramon Diaz-Uriarte at Sep 25, 2006 at 7:30 pm