I have two classes, one listens and accepts connections, gets the
socket, reads the first byte from the opened socket then launches a
thread (threading) and gives it the socket identifier.

The first time the thread attempts to read from the given socket,
socket.py raises a bad file descriptor in _dummy.

I tried using plain threads with the same problem.

Any clue ?

Thanks,

hg

Search Discussions

  • Hg at Sep 14, 2006 at 12:14 pm

    hg wrote:
    Hi,

    I have two classes, one listens and accepts connections, gets the
    socket, reads the first byte from the opened socket then launches a
    thread (threading) and gives it the socket identifier.

    The first time the thread attempts to read from the given socket,
    socket.py raises a bad file descriptor in _dummy.

    I tried using plain threads with the same problem.

    Any clue ?

    Thanks,

    hg
    Bug discovered, sorry