hi,

i am newbie to python so i am trying to learn mod_python as my new
development kit for my small web apps.

i am getting strange result can anybody explain me.
index.py
from mod_python import apache
from mod_python import psp
from mod_python import util

def index(req, para=None):
tmpl = psp.PSP(req, filename='a.html')
tmpl.run(vars = {'para':para})
tmpl.run()

def show_data(req, name):
index(req, name)

a.htm

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<h1><%=para%></h1>
<form method="post" action="http://localhost:8080/test/show_data">
<input type="text" name="name">
<input type="submit">
</form>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Result
None
<textbox> <submitbutton>

Mod_python error: "PythonHandler mod_python.publisher"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\apache.py", line 299, in
HandlerDispatch result = object(req)
File "E:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\publisher.py", line 213,
in handler published = publish_object(req, object)
File "E:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\publisher.py", line 412,
in publish_object return Publish_object(req,util.apply_fs_data(object,
req.form, req=req))
File "E:\Python24\lib\site-packages\mod_python\util.py", line 439, in
apply_fs_data return object(**args)
File "E:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\test\index.py", line 8, in index
tmpl.run()
File "E:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\psp.py", line 213, in
run exec code in global_scope
File "E:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\test\a.html", line 1, in ?
NameError: name 'para' is not defined

what's wrong in this code?
any good internet resource to learn mod_python?

thanks in advanced
Sanjeev

Search Discussions

  • Bruno Desthuilliers at Jul 7, 2006 at 9:08 pm

    sanjeevdivekar a ?crit :
    hi,

    i am newbie to python so i am trying to learn mod_python as my new
    development kit for my small web apps.

    i am getting strange result
    Nothing strange here AFAICT.
    can anybody explain me.
    index.py
    from mod_python import apache
    from mod_python import psp
    from mod_python import util

    def index(req, para=None):
    tmpl = psp.PSP(req, filename='a.html')
    tmpl.run(vars = {'para':para})
    tmpl.run()
    Here, you call tmpl.run() two time, the first time with a dict having an
    entry named 'param', the second time without it.
    a.htm
    ********************************************************************************************* (snip)
    <BODY>
    <h1><%=para%></h1>
    And here you try to display something named "para". I don't have much
    knowledge of PSP, but I have enough experience to assert this try to get
    the entry named "param" from the dict passed to tmpl.run().

    (snip)
    Result (snip)
    File "E:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\test\index.py", line 8, in index
    tmpl.run()
    Here we are : line 8 of index.py, your second call to tmpl.run() without
    the dict.
    File "E:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\mod_python\psp.py", line 213, in
    run exec code in global_scope
    File "E:\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\test\a.html", line 1, in ?
    NameError: name 'para' is not defined
    and here the tentative to get this name from the dict.

    Doesn't seem so strange to me. Note that I could be wrong - you'd better
    check in PSP documentation - but I think I'd try commenting out the
    second (and AFAICT useless) call to tmpl.run().

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 7, '06 at 5:56p
activeJul 7, '06 at 9:08p