Hi everyone, sorry, this post is a bit off topic. I posted this on a
devel xul thread on the mozilla groups but didn't get a response. My
hope is that some of you may have interest in this and have tried it
yourself.

I've been trying to get xulrunner compiled with python (in windows) but
have been unsuccessful. I've been following this:
<http://michaelthornhill.blogspot.com/2005/07/giving-python-legs-with-...>.

I know it's a linux based tutorial, but the steps are generally the
same aside from required os linkers/compilers - which i've obtained
reading the standard mozilla compile instructions for windows.

Has anyone else tried this and had luck with it?

-j

Search Discussions

  • James Graham at May 1, 2006 at 10:25 am

    joe.hrbek at gmail.com wrote:

    I've been trying to get xulrunner compiled with python (in windows) but
    have been unsuccessful. I've been following this:
    <http://michaelthornhill.blogspot.com/2005/07/giving-python-legs-with-...>.
    I haven't tried it, but do the instructions at developer.mozilla.org[1]
    help? XULrunner in particular has changed quite a bit recently.

    [1] http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Building_PyXPCOM
  • Joe Hrbek at May 1, 2006 at 12:03 pm
    Well, it's my understanding (I could be wrong), that pyxpcom is to
    enable firefox/mozilla to use python. My interest is more in the area
    of xulrunner. I've read that page several times and pulled
    compiler/linker build steps from it, but never followed it exactly. I
    suppose I can try pyxpcom instead. Maybe if i can compile that i could
    coax xulrunner into compiling. Unfortunately, most of the windows
    pieces are listed as "todo" and "there are no special build
    instructions", which is why i've been taking pieces from several
    different sources and trying to make it work. :(
  • Michel Claveau at May 1, 2006 at 2:32 pm
    Hi!

    My answer is (perhaps a little) hard, but...

    I read pages and pages, and traversed sites and sites.

    Conclusion :
    - XPcom functions, perhaps, on some special configurations.
    - xulrunner is an idea (vapor?)

    But, in production, nothing of all that is usable (for the moment?)

    --
    @-salutations

    Michel Claveau

grouppython-list @