Dear c.l.p,

I have recently been doing the tutorial of Python and everything is
well, i'm upto the pass section. Anyway, when I try to launch idle now
I get the error message: Socket Error: Connection Refused. I do not
have a firewall, so I don't know what is going on. Also, this comes up
after it:

IDLE's subprocess didn't make the connection. Either IDLE can't start a
subprocess or personal firewall software is blocking the connection.

[OK]

Any help would be appreciate.

Yamas

Search Discussions

  • Steve Horsley at Apr 17, 2006 at 9:52 pm

    niceyama at googlemail.com wrote:
    Dear c.l.p,

    I have recently been doing the tutorial of Python and everything is
    well, i'm upto the pass section. Anyway, when I try to launch idle now
    I get the error message: Socket Error: Connection Refused. I do not
    have a firewall, so I don't know what is going on. Also, this comes up
    after it:

    IDLE's subprocess didn't make the connection. Either IDLE can't start a
    subprocess or personal firewall software is blocking the connection.

    [OK]

    Any help would be appreciate.

    Yamas
    If it's not your personal firewall, then perhaps the machine you
    are trying to connect to is refusing the call. Are you sure it's
    listening on the port that you are trying to connect to?

    Steve

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedApr 14, '06 at 12:01a