I downloaded cx_Oracle from
http://www.cxtools.net/default.aspx?nav=cxorlb and selected the windows
installer for Oracle 8i, Python 2.4
From the readme.txt file:
BINARY INSTALL:
Place the file cx_Oracle.pyd or cx_Oracle.so anywhere on your Python
path.

So I tried this and set PYTHONPATH.

I then created a script called ora_conn.py with one line:
import cx_Oracle

When I run the script (c:\python24\python.exe ora_conn.py) I get this
error in a pop-up box:

"The procedure entry point OCIEnvCreate could not be located in the
dynamic link ligrary OCI.dll

The bottom line of what I want to do is to connect to an oracle
database without having to create an ODBC connection on the individual
PC.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Albert Leibbrandt at Feb 9, 2006 at 6:20 am

    lblr33 at yahoo.com wrote:
    I downloaded cx_Oracle from
    http://www.cxtools.net/default.aspx?nav=cxorlb and selected the windows
    installer for Oracle 8i, Python 2.4
    From the readme.txt file:
    BINARY INSTALL:
    Place the file cx_Oracle.pyd or cx_Oracle.so anywhere on your Python
    path.

    So I tried this and set PYTHONPATH.

    I then created a script called ora_conn.py with one line:
    import cx_Oracle

    When I run the script (c:\python24\python.exe ora_conn.py) I get this
    error in a pop-up box:

    "The procedure entry point OCIEnvCreate could not be located in the
    dynamic link ligrary OCI.dll

    The bottom line of what I want to do is to connect to an oracle
    database without having to create an ODBC connection on the individual
    PC.

    Any ideas? Thanks.

    are you running on windows or linux?
    On both of these os's I only needed to install the binary. Have a look
    at this page on sourceforge
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id�168

    cheers
    albert

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 9, '06 at 12:00a
activeFeb 9, '06 at 6:20a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Lblr33: 1 post Albert Leibbrandt: 1 post